I'm still trying to figure out how to set a few things up for my next entry, but I still want to stay on schedule. So I'm going to go ahead and steal from today's Ninebullets post and go for some musical tarot cards. I hope they're in my favor...but given the subject matter of most of my music, I'm not too optimistic.
1. "Science Fiction/Double Feature (Reprise)" -- Rocky Horror Picture Show
Who needs lyrics, anyway? I guess 2012 will be a life-changing (and sexually liberating?) adventure!
2. "This Town Tonight" -- John Moreland
Screw frustrated ambitions. You have to live like you mean it. And as grad school and my grueling student teaching schedule amps up again, I'm glad I have John Moreland to tell me that.
3. "Angel in My View" -- Rachael Sage
I'll forgive the bastardized spelling of a great name. Duly noted: tell my lady I love her.
4. "See Willy Fly By" -- Graham Parker With the Waco Brothers
Okay, 2012. Teach me I need to keep believing in the impossible.
5. "God Makes the Rain" -- Cowboy Mouth
And a friendly reminder to avoid negative people and influences.
Hey! That wasn't so bad! Maybe 2012 will beat the odds as well.
How's your year looking?