Friday, March 20, 2015

The Breton Sound -- "Illuminate"

I finally got to see the Breton Sound perform when I was in New Orleans for Mardi Gras. I can now confirm that they're the real deal -- their concerts are just as fun as their albums. Speaking of which, they're getting ready to release a new one. Check out the new single, pay what you want to download it, and get excited for Don't Be Afraid of Rock & Roll, which will be out on May 19th.


The Breton Sound -- Official, Facebook, Bandcamp

If you love musicians from New Orleans, then you'll love the Proud compilation, which is like 70% New Orleans and New Orleans-related musicians! And if you're in New York, you can meet the other 30% of the artists tomorrow! Adobe and Teardrops and Karen and the Sorrows are co-hosting this month's Queer Country Monthly in Brooklyn! The proceeds will go to FIERCE, a youth empowerment organization for LGBTQ young people. Donations of $10 or above will get you a download card for the Proud compilation album, so snap that shit up! If you can't make it to the concert, buy the album before May 1st!

Where: Branded Saloon (603 Vanderbilt Ave, Brooklyn, NY)
When: Saturday, 3/21 at 8 PM
Who: Me, Small Talk, The Paisley Fields, Karen and the Sorrows
How Much: $5 though no one is turned away for lack of funds. $10+ gets you a download card!
Why: Because you're cool and super sexy

No comments:

Post a Comment