In this episode, Rachel test drives a new format with none other than Cindy Emch of the Secret Emchy Society. Cindy is one of the pre-eminent voices of queer country music. In addition to her new album, The Chaser, out on 5/15, we discuss glory holes and queer porn (it’s family friendly!), New Orleans as a music city, isolation and intimacy while on tour, and vintage country sounds.
Cindy also has a radio show on Friday afternoons on Gimme Country -- if you like intersectional vintage-style country, download the app!
- Jeff Brown -- “Melody” (The French King Was Decapitated)
- Carolyn Mark -- “In Another Time” (Come! Back! Special!)
- Sweet Water Warblers -- “Turn to Stone” (The Dream That Holds This Child)
- Pharis and Jason Romero -- “Kind Girl” (Bet on Love)
- Beckylin & Her Druthers - Get Behind Me Satan & Push (Mom is Always Right)
- Smokey Brights -- “Save Us Sarah” (I Love You But Damn”
- Jeremy and the Harlequins -- “Nervous Wreck” (Single)
- Whitacre -- “Southbound Train” (Seasons)
- Mercy Bell - Chocolate Milk & Whiskey (Mercy Bell)
- Jack Pine and The Fire -- “Rich in Time” (Single)
- Orville Peck -- “Summertime” (Single)
- Sam Doores - Let It Roll (Let it Roll)
- Thomas and the Empty Orchestra -- “Old Crow” (Single)
- Trixie Mattel - Stranger (Barbara)