Hey! We had 1000 downloads a month!
Also, Country Queer Spotlight is live now! Listen to my interview of Jaime Wyatt!
Also also, I had to scratch the first artist I planned to play because I couldn’t get a hold of those mp3s after all. Hopefully the edit isn’t too weird!
This album is a masterpiece. Thomas, who has played with Jon Langford (hence her connection to Bloodshot Records), is also a classical musician, plays jazz...pretty much everything. No matter what the song sounds like, though, Thomas absolutely RIPS on guitar. Her songs are beautiful, too, relating the life of a queer black person in the Midwest with skill and grace. The album is confident and bold and one of the best this year.
- Zephaniah O’Hora -- “Living Too Long” (Listening to the Music)
- Jeremy & the Harlequins -- “Let’s Ride” (Single)
- Bethany Thomas -- “Walls + Ceilings” (BT/SHE/HER)
- Half Gringa -- “Transitive Property” (Force to Reckon)
- Our Man in the Field -- “Thin (I Used to Be Bullet Proof)” (Single)
- Oceanator -- “A Crack in the World” (Things I Never Said)
- Jeremy Squires -- “Hummingbird” (Many Moons)
- Water Liars -- “I Want Blood” (Water Liars)
- Ozymandais Carter -- “Rebels Like Us” (The Vanishing Crowd)
- Atta Boy -- “Lucky” (Big Heart Manners)
- The Wonderful Nobodies -- “Walk That Road Alone” (A/B)
- Have Gun Will Travel -- “Melancholy Moon (Everything Dies)” (Single)