There are probably a lot of people you’d expect me to have in my top 20, like John Moreland and American Aquarium. While those artists made huge strides in pushing their own boundaries, they just didn’t make as much of an emotional impact on me as the albums featured here. For me, top albums need to both push boundaries AND make me FEEL SOMETHING. These are the 20 albums this year that made my heart skip a beat.
We’ll listen to #20 - 11 this week, and then count down to the new year next week.
- Ashley McBryde -- “Velvet Red” (Never Will)
- Possessed By Paul James -- “Be At Rest” (As We Go Wandering)
- Brian Johannesen -- “Tired (Last Time I Saw Her)” (Holster Your Silver)
- Little Big Town -- “The Daughters” (Nightfall)
- Lilly Hiatt -- “Little Believer” (Walking Proof)
- Paisley Fields -- “You Me and the Country” (Electric Park Ballroom)
- Samantha Crain -- “Holding to the Edge of Night” (A Small Death)
- SG Goodman -- “Space and Time” (Old Time Feeling)
- Austin Lucas -- “Drive” (Alive in the Hot Zone!)
- Becky Warren -- “Me And These Jeans” (The Sick Season)