This week’s episode is sponsored by the Choose Your Struggle podcast. Listen to real-life people share their struggles with addiction and mental health and #EndTheStigma today.
Otherwise, not a whole lot going on -- just the usual blend of Americana, country, punk and funk!
If you’re looking for some of that rough-and-tumble country punk that’s so hard to find these days, check out Easy Way to Here. There’s nothing but great songs and boot-stomping here. Uncle Ben’s Remedy can part as hard as anybody, but when they want to slow things down and delve into the small tragedies of every day people, they do a fantastic job there, too. The album came out in December, but it’s good a way to start the year as any.
- Cristina Vane -- “Half Moon Baby” (Magnolia Sessions)
- Uncle Ben’s Remedy -- “Drink to Remember” (Easy Way to Here)
- Alison Self -- “Whiskey Drunk” (Single)
- Moon Mouth -- “Ghost” (Single)
- Jason Anderson -- “Omaha” (What It Was and What We Wanted)
- Dazz & Brie -- “Darlene” (Can’t Chase Girls & Your Money Too)
- Jessye DeSilva -- “Something Wicked” (Hover)
- Dope Lemon -- “Kids Fallin’ In Love” (Single)
- Jane McNealy -- “This Can’t Be the End (feat. Harold Battiste and Melvin Lastie” (Single)
- Old Joy -- “Summer Passing” (Monks Aflame)
- John Driskell Hopkins -- “Missing You All, All the Time” (Single)
- Love Crumbs -- “Cavalcades” (Single)
Podcast intro by Alma Contra, music from Two Cow Garage’s “Stars & Gutters”