It's the February 12th episode of this here thing, but we're not gonna do Valentine's Day. Bleh.
Speaking of "bleh," why are people listing Morgan Wallen as a musical influence after this past week? You don't realize what that says about you? Or maybe you do...
Also, Bella is a cuddle pirate.
Album of the Week: The Barlow -- The Horseshoe Lounge
This album is perfect. I know that's not an exciting thing for a music writer to say but, really, I wouldn't change a note on here. The Barlow have pitch-perfect lyrics: stories of ordinary people that are so carefully told, and with so much empathy, that you will Feel Things. But the band also kicks in with just the perfect mix of distortion and steel guitars to make it feel like a party, or that you're hanging out at the eponymous Horseshoe Lounge. Goodness knows, we all need things to help us feel like we're having a night out with our favorite local band, and The Horseshoe Lounge takes me there.
Huge thanks to Podcorn for sponsoring this episode. Explore sponsorship opportunities and start monetizing your podcast by signing up here: https://podcorn.com/podcasters/
- Jutta Hipp -- “I Don’t Stand a Ghost of a Chance” (The Jutta Hipp Quintet)
- The Barlow -- “Horseshoe Lounge” (Horseshoe Lounge)
- Hailey Whitters -- “Fillin’ My Cup (feat. Little Big Town)” (Single)
- Joel Schwelling -- “Nothin’ Sadder” (Single)
- Beth Lee -- “Birthday Song” (Waiting On You Tonight)
- Wolf Van Eflmand -- “Take a Little Sadness” (All Blue)
- Brent Funkhouser -- “Back on the Horse” (The Next Karaoke Star)
- John John Brown -- “Armadillo Song” (Single)
- Devil Love -- “Broken Things” (Broken Things)
- NRCSSST -- “Love Suicide” (NRCSST)
- Dirty Streets -- “Movements #2” (Blades of Grass)
- D’Orjay the Singing Shaman -- “New Kind of Outlaw” (New Kind of Outlaw)
- Scott MacKay -- “Romance Novel” (Stupid Cupid)
Podcast intro by Alma Contra, music from Two Cow Garage’s “Stars & Gutters”